Case Study - Mid-sized Strategy Client
In late 2016 MHR was engaged as an Strategy consulting provider for a mid-sized electronics retail client in the luxury sector. This company was owned by an specialist investment group who made the decision to use MHR's expertise in the SME sector to deliver their future vision. A series of structural issues had arisen and the company was not delivering on it's strategic goals. A comprehensive solution was needed to create a structure that was focused on the company's vision, that was inherently efficient and set their culture into a growth pathway.
- Too many layers of Management for size
- Poor focus on growth
- Inconsistent people management practices and decision making processes across departments resulting in disparity and distrust between staff and management
- Limited people management capability amongst line managers and senior staff
- No HR Business Partner support for executive decision making
- No onsite intermediary for managers/employees to discuss issues or concerns, provide coaching or dispute resolution assistance at the workplace level
- Significant employee morale and productivity concerns
- Limited budget to cover off operational, strategic and administrative aspects of HR
MHR delivers an ongoing tailored HR outsourcing solution to this client in the form of an outsourced multi-tiered HR department which includes:
- A dedicated senior HR professional for 2 days per week on site.
- Strategic HR support on a quarterly review basis
- Ongoing administrative support
- Specialist assistance in OHS, WorkCover and Employee Relations as required
- On call advice as needed
Imbedded into the organisation and working in partnership with the executive team, MHR drives:
- Quarterly HR strategy meetings onsite with client and MHR Management. This has enabled a clear people and culture direction to be set which supports the clients’ overall strategic plan.
- Weekly HR planning meetings take place with the senior MHR professional and members of the executive team to ensure HR operations supports strategic directions, as well as identifying new priorities and day to day issue resolution.
- Staff support is provided through an open-door policy to the senior MHR professional, as well as targeted issue resolution and employee advocacy at the workplace level
- Senior MHR personnel is supported with specialised consulting and graduate level administrative support.
- People management support is provided by the senior MHR professional being embedded into the management team, taking part in meetings, acting in an individual coaching and advisory capacity, and designing or sourcing dedicated training programs to address people management issues.
- MHR resources look after the HR administration requirements for the client such as recruitment campaigns, offers of employment and onboarding, contract amendments, salary reviews, file notes and other employment related recordkeeping.
- The client has an people and culture strategy in place that is aligned with the organisational strategy.
- HR decision-making and approval processes are also now centralised, again, ensuring efficiency and consistency which in turn is building that aligned workplace culture and employee trust in the organisation and the management team.
- HR administration has been centralised through MHR ensuring efficiency and consistent application.
- A number of targeted recruitment campaigns managed by MHR have closed out previous hard to fill resource gaps.
- Employee engagement has been benchmarked using industry leading profiling tools, as well as one-on-one interviewing, enabling the executive to identify and address the culture and engagement hot spots are, both positive and negative.
- An employee culture and engagement program for all staff has been rolled out to increase over all team and department cohesion across the organisation.
- Performance management infrastructure is currently being designed with the aim to ensure a robust but easy to use performance review process is in place to support increased productivity and accountability.
Please contact us via phone or email, by clicking the button below.